Local Crisis Line: (907) 276-7273 Statewide Crisis Line: (800) 478-8999 Business Line: (907) 276-7279
1057 W. Fireweed Lane, Suite 230 Anchorage, AK 99503 email@example.com
Providing options, support and information to Alaskans affected by sexual violence for more than 35 years.
• Office Assistance – Office volunteers are always welcome to assist the STAR Staff in data entry, stuffing envelopes, and other miscellaneous office tasks. Volunteer once per week or once in a while. We are open Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To assist STAR by volunteering at awareness activities, fundraisers, educational booths, and in the office, please download and fill out the Volunteer Application Form. Completed forms can be faxed to STAR at (907) 278-9983 or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Educational Booths – In order to spread the word about services, STAR participates in a variety of events with educational booths. These events include Sportsman’s Show, the Women’s Show, Pride Fest, amongst many others! Volunteers assist in setting up booths, handing out brochures, and answering questions about STAR’s services.
• Awareness Activities - STAR hosts a variety of awareness building events throughout the year, especially during the month of April which is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM). Event Volunteers assist the Events Coordinator and SAAM Planning Committee in planning events to bring attention to the problem of sexual assault and support for STAR.
• Fundraisers – Fundraisers allow STAR to fund educational and direct services that might not receive grant funding. STAR hosts fundraisers throughout the year including Walk a Mile in Her Shoes in April and the Holiday Tea in December. Volunteers can assist in planning these events, soliciting donations from local businesses, or assist the Events Coordinator the day of the fundraiser.
• Crisis Line Coverage – The Crisis Line is the heart of our organization's services and often serves as the first point of contact for sexual assault survivors. Staff members answer the line during business hours and volunteers answer the line from the comfort of their home during the evening, weekend, and holiday hours. A 40 hour training and commitment to answering the line at least three shifts a month is required of all volunteers. Click here for more information about upcoming trainings and to fill out an application.
Hours are Volunteered by Committee Members in the Months Leading Up to Holiday Tea
Committee Members Assist with Event Details and Securing Silent Auction Items for the Holiday Tea
Volunteers are needed for set up of STAR's Holiday Tea
Active Crisis Line Volunteers
Hours Volunteers Cover on the Crisis Line Each Month
STAR would not be able to provide services and support survivors without the dedication of its volunteers. Citizens throughout Anchorage volunteer their time to support the mission and clients of STAR in numerous ways on a day to day basis. Here is a list of ways you can give back to your community by volunteering with STAR:
Volunteer at STAR
"Volunteers are not paid not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless.” - Unknown