Local Crisis Line: (907) 276-7273 Statewide Crisis Line: (800) 478-8999 Business Line: (907) 276-7279
1057 W. Fireweed Lane, Suite 230 Anchorage, AK 99503 email@example.com
Providing options, support and information to Alaskans affected by sexual violence for more than 35 years.
Do you want to work for a dynamic agency with great people who care about a shared mission? STAR is dedicated to providing the highest quality crisis intervention, education and advocacy to victims of sexual assault and abuse, their loved ones, and our community. We have an immediate opening for a full time Community Educator, to provide Prevention Training and Education on a number of topics related to ending sexual violence.
Please see the job description below, and if interested, respond with a letter of interest, current resume and three professional references.
Job Title: Community Educator
Reports to: Community Prevention and Education Manager
STAR staff, Anchorage School District, the Community and Board of Directors
Provides educational presentations and training to the local schools and community, regarding sexual assault and personal safety.
• Degree in social services, education or related field.
• Or, experience in working with or presenting to children and/or community providers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of sexual assault and related topics a plus.
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks.
• Must be proficient in computer use.
• Must be organized and detail oriented.
• Must be able to work with team-based decision making processes, and have the ability to identify and problem solve.
• Must possess the ability to work with culturally diverse clients, staff and volunteers.
• Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to provide immediate crisis intervention, advocacy and support (if disclosed to) while providing educational training.
• Must be able to work independently and be self-directed.
• Attend a 40-hour crisis line training within 6 months of hire.
• Must have a valid Alaska driver's license and insured vehicle.
Level of Responsibility:
Maintains contacts of a confidential nature throughout the agency and outside the agency. May be required to use independent judgment in interpreting agency rules and policies.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
• Provide ASD approved age appropriate presentations as scheduled during the school year.
• Provide presentations and training to diverse audiences throughout the community.
• Aid in the development of current information on education and training curricula and agency handouts.
• Assist with the agency crisis line training twice a year.
• Represent STAR in a professional and courteous manner.
• Stay current on issues relating to sexual assault.
Hours: Permanent Full-time 40 hours a week. Flexible to meet the needs of the agency, with some evenings and weekends.Type your paragraph here.
STAR regularly has interns in Direct Services, Prevention and Education, and Events and Marketing. If you are interested in becoming a STAR intern, please submit your cover letter (expressing which department you would like to intern in) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be reviewed and a member of the STAR staff will follow up with you.
Are you interested in making a positive difference in your community and people’s lives? Do you want to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with a supportive team of professionals? Then consider coming to work for Standing Together Against Rape (STAR).
STAR offers a bright, dynamic and progressive work environment for the right individual. Benefits after ninety days include medical, vision and dental.
STAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested in becoming a member of the STAR team? See openings below!